Favourite Healthy Snacks

Hey everyone!

How was your week? I hope you all enjoyed my post last week which was my June Favourites! If you haven't already, please go check it out!

I love snacks, especially healthy snacks.  I am interest in cooking and food, and I think the interest has come from watching Jamie Oliver and YouTuber and blogger Niomi Smart. I have obviously got inspiration from my family, but when I properly started watching Jamie Oliver's TV programmes, in particular the Super Food series, that is when I started gaining an interest in cooking and food.  So for this post I will be sharing some of my favourite healthy snacks.

The first healthy snack that I love are Eat Real Quinoa, Lentil and Hummus crisps/chips.  They are my favourite crisps ever to have! All the flavours (some are: tomato and roasted garlic, sour cream and chives, chilli lime and sea salt) and different types are so delicious. If you have the chance to try any, definitely do! I do find when I go into different shops and supermarkets, they are priced at different prices, the cheapest I have seen them is Tesco. I only really buy 1 or 2 packets at a time, so at the moment I have ones that I haven't tried before, which are kale, tomato and spinach veggie straws. https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Eat-Real-Veggie--Kale-Straws/358549011?from=search&tags=%7C105651&param=Eat+Real&parentContainer=SEARCHeat+real_SHELFVIEW



One day whilst in Holland & Barrett I was looking at all the snack bars and NatureCrops Quinoa Bars stood out to me, so I thought I would buy a few of the different bars.  I love every different one they have, however my favourite is the dark chocolate and almond bar.  I love these as I find they taste amazing, but are also healthy and nutritious. I don't have any of these bars at the moment, so I don't have a picture of any of these bars.  http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/naturecrops-quinoa-bar-dark-chocolate-almond-60003939?skuid=003939


One brand of healthy snack bars that I have loved for years are Eat Natural bars. My favourite bars are the almond and apricot with a yogurt coating and the cashew and blueberry bars and the apple, ginger and dark chocolate bars.  I love these because I find that they all have so much taste and they are just a great snack to have! Also, the different bars have different nutritional things, such as high in fibre, or protein. I also don't have any at the moment, so I don't have a photo of any.  https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=291419849


I also like to have mixed nuts or, just almonds, pecans or cashews. I like to have nuts as I find it nice to just have them now and again.  I would probably choose other snacks, such as TREK bars, Eat Natural bars and energy bars over mixed nuts as I find healthy bars have more flavour.  I would say my favourite types of nuts to have are almonds, cashew and pecan nuts.  I also like to have nuts with granola for breakfast, with fresh or dry fruit and sometimes mixed seeds. These are the nuts, dried fruit and seeds I bought recently. (I also used them for the Jamie Oliver recipe, mentioned below)



I have been looking for a healthy bar recipe that I can make myself, and the other day I found Jamie Oliver's recipe for pistachio, apricot and dark chocolate energy bars.  So once I found this I was like "I have to make it!" However, I changed the ingredients slightly, instead of pistachios, I included pecan nuts, and instead of dried apricots I used soft apricots and instead of medjool dates, I put pitted dates in.  Obviously, it doesn't make much of a difference, and you can change the recipe to what you want to be in it.  Here is Jamie Oliver's recipe: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chocolate-recipes/pistachio-apricot-dark-chocolate-energy-bars/ I'm so happy with what I made, they taste amazing, so if you ever think about making flapjacks, or energy bars, try these! These are the bars I made.






















A few years ago, Niomi Smart made frozen banana's (cut up into slices) covered with melted dark chocolate covering the banana and with almond butter in between the two banana slices. So once I saw these, I decided to try it myself.  I found that these were nice as the banana, almond butter and dark chocolate goes well.  I haven't made these in a while, but they are so nice.  If Niomi did post a video on these, I cannot find it, although she has something similar recipe in her book, so if you have it, definitely go check out this recipe, on page 172.  As I haven't made them in a while, I also haven't got any photos of these either.


Two final similar snacks that I love to have is apple slices with almond butter or rice cakes with almond butter.   I like to have these as it is sometimes nicer to have almond butter with fruit, instead of having fruit by itself.  Although they don't look like the most appealing snacks, I find them nice, and better than having the rice cakes or fruit by themselves. I probably would say the apple and almond butter is a bit nicer as there is more taste to it, although both are really nice.





I hope you enjoyed this blog post, I'm sorry the photos aren't great again, and I'm sorry I don't have photos for all the snacks, but I hope you enjoyed reading this post anyway! Also if you have tried any of these snacks, or have any other healthy snacks you like to have let me know in the comments!

Do more of what makes you happy! 😊💖

MyDailyLife



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stay Organised and Motivated

College Experience

My Favourite Quotes

College Experience Update

2018/2019 Goals

Self-belief

Where Have I Been?!?!

Reading List

My Trip to Amsterdam!

Places I'd Like To Visit