Self-belief

Hey everyone!

This post is going to be all about self-believe, self confidence and a positive mindset.  Self belief is something I personally find difficult to do.  This is because I tend to put myself down and think that I cannot achieve whatever it is that I am trying to do or working towards.  I think that this is an important topic and that I can express my experience as to how I have become more confident in myself and hopefully help others to believe in themselves.  Although I have gained more self belief, I still do not have a lot of self belief and I think this is down to the fact I like to see progress and when things don't work out it can be difficult to believe it will work.

Firstly, I think the more that you realise how important self belief can benefit you, the more you will have the confidence and belief in yourself.  For example, as I have mentioned previously, I have really struggled with self belief and put myself down.  However, since I have been taking part in certain activities and opportunities my confidence has grown and I now belief in myself a lot more and believe that I can achieve my goals. Also, sometimes I think it is important to do the things that scare you and that are out of your comfort zone, because it does help to increase your confidence and self belief.  This is something I found helped me because by facing my fears and doing things that were out of my comfort zone made me proud of myself and helped me to realise that I can do it! I believe that the first step to increasing your self belief is being able to have a list of goals that are achievable and that you know you will be able to reach when you put your mind to it. 

Another point that I find helps me to increase my self belief is turning a negative into a positive.  For example, when noticing a negative about something, maybe a piece of work that isn't great, I will remind myself that I can have the chance to make amendments to the work or do the work again if I really need to.  Or, if something has really set me back in a task or activity, I will try to stay positive about the situation and tell myself that success is possible and tell myself that if it doesn't work out, then I need to work on improving it. 

Something that I find useful with self belief is looking at quotes. A few of my favourite quotes:

  • Take the risk or lose the chance
  • Actually, I can
  • Believe in yourself and don't care about the haters 
  • Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations 
  • Do what you love 
  • It always seems impossible until its done
  • Dream big...know that you are going to accomplish incredible things once you start believing in yourself
I do not own any of the quotes I have listed, they have all come from Pinterest. There is definitely things I need to work on, however I have made so much progress with believing in myself and self-confidence. My advice is to take any opportunities that come your way. This has been a massive help to myself and I try to take as many opportunities that arise!

Do more of what makes you happy and follow your dreams! 😊💖

MyDailyLife 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stay Organised and Motivated

My Favourite Quotes

College Experience

2018/2019 Goals

College Experience Update

Where Have I Been?!?!

Reading List

My Trip to Amsterdam!

Places I'd Like To Visit